Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D): December 2006; Institute of Business Administration (IBA), University of Dhaka (Thesis: “A study on labour productivity in the ready made garments (RMG) industry of Bangladesh”), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
International MBA: September 1992; (a) Helsinki School of Economics and Business Administration, Finland and (b) Foreign study under Exchange Program; Graduate Business School, University of Texas at Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
MBA: December 1989; Institute of Business Administration (IBA), University of Dhaka,
Teaching Area :
PUBLISHED RESEARCH BOOKS
“SAARC: Will It Survive?” - A book which is presumably a work of huge magnitude expressing the immense potential of SAARC, one of the strongest associations of economic cooperation in the world.
“Bangladesh RMG Industry: Competitiveness and Productivity” – An insightful publication focusing on the productivity and competitiveness of the Readymade Garments (RMG) sector of Bangladesh
Numerous articles/research works on RMG Industry in Bangladesh, SAARC, Productivity, Effectiveness of Marketing Communications etc. were published in different recognized university research journals such as AIUB Journal of Business & Economics (AJBE), Dhaka University Journal of Business Studies, Journal of Business Administration, IBA, Dhaka University Journal of Marketing etc.
Academic Awards, Fellowships and Research Grants :
HONORS & AWARDS 1. Arthakantha Business Award in 2003–2004 and 2004–2005; for special contribution in tourism development in Bangladesh 2. Best Performer in the AMDISA Program of Entrepreneurship Training and Workshop, Awarded by the President of Bangladesh, in March 1993 3. Honored with Finnish Govt. Scholarship; to study at the University of Texas at Austin, Texas, USA in 1992 4. College Blue and Best All Round Cadet, 1981 - 1982 Jhenidah Cadet College, Jhenidah, Bangladesh 5. Placed in the Combined Merit List of Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C) Examination in 1980; Jessore Board, Bangladesh
Attended significant numbers of workshops and training held in both home and abroad, notable among them are organized/sponsored by AMDISA, ITC/UNDP-Geneva and ITC/UNDP-Dhaka
1. Founder President- Bangladesh Association of Finland, Helsinki, Finland.
2. Member - MBA Alumni Club - Helsinki, Finland.
3. Member- MBA Alumni Association - Dhaka, Bangladesh.
4. Member- Jhenidah Ex-Cadets Association - Dhaka, Bangladesh.
5. Member- Cadet College Club – Dhaka, Bangladesh.
6. Advisor- Real Estate and Housing Association of Bangladesh (REHAB).
7. Chairman- Life & Hope Foundation, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
8. Chairman- Bishwabidalay Porikrama (A nationwide circulated fortnightly magazine dealing with Education), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
9. Head of editorial board The daily Vorer Pata , The daily peoples time